My cell phone beeps with a text on a lazy afternoon, when I was enjoying my company.
From S. "What is it about knowing at a fundamental level that you can't possibly have it all but still wanting it anyway?"
I dont have a straight answer. But, there is yet another story to be told.
Almost 2 decades ago, I walked up to my Math teacher and thanked him for teaching me Algebra fundaes so well. He looked at me (or maybe he was peeping into my mind) very deeply and said, "thanks for thanking me, but I think your thanks are not for me. You are doing this because you topped the class. Had you not topped it, you would perhaps not have come to me at all."
Quite a profound thought. Cut to a decade later then on, I went to his house to show him the posh PPO that I had in college after my internship. Strangely, he said the same thing again. Atleast the gist was the same. Delivery was different.
Sometimes I think we are wired so differently, that normal people look at it as an abnormality. In reality, its just a road less traveled, me thinks. Once we have all that we can have, we will still need to have more. We are hungry folks. We change the world and the way it runs in our own way.
To answer the rhetoric q Sammy, I think there is nothing that we feel, we 'cant' have fundamentally. We tell ourselves we made choices and we can still have the other options incase we 'choose' to.
The joke is on us, because we fool ourselves thinking that everything is really in our control. That's the anti climax. We should still be partners btw. :) Offer is open.
From S. "What is it about knowing at a fundamental level that you can't possibly have it all but still wanting it anyway?"
I dont have a straight answer. But, there is yet another story to be told.
Almost 2 decades ago, I walked up to my Math teacher and thanked him for teaching me Algebra fundaes so well. He looked at me (or maybe he was peeping into my mind) very deeply and said, "thanks for thanking me, but I think your thanks are not for me. You are doing this because you topped the class. Had you not topped it, you would perhaps not have come to me at all."
Quite a profound thought. Cut to a decade later then on, I went to his house to show him the posh PPO that I had in college after my internship. Strangely, he said the same thing again. Atleast the gist was the same. Delivery was different.
Sometimes I think we are wired so differently, that normal people look at it as an abnormality. In reality, its just a road less traveled, me thinks. Once we have all that we can have, we will still need to have more. We are hungry folks. We change the world and the way it runs in our own way.
To answer the rhetoric q Sammy, I think there is nothing that we feel, we 'cant' have fundamentally. We tell ourselves we made choices and we can still have the other options incase we 'choose' to.
The joke is on us, because we fool ourselves thinking that everything is really in our control. That's the anti climax. We should still be partners btw. :) Offer is open.
No comments:
Post a Comment